If you ever an issue with your body, you need to turn to nature for the answers. Yes, there are many over-the-counter pills and prescriptions we can refer to, but what we get naturally is always the best remedy Our ancestors discovered the valuable use of herbs ages ago and has passed it down through the ages through what we now know as ancient medicine. They didn’t have legitimate doctors neither did they have endorsed pharmaceutical companies. What they did have, however, was nature in abundance. They honed from it and the benefits can be felt even today. We are lucky that we are living in the age that has started respecting herbs for more uses than just pleasure to the eyes. Let’s take a look at some of the herbs that are used for the vitality of the body, more specifically for mind stimulation:
- Aswagandha – This fantastic herb was first discovered in India and used for their medicinal practice, most commonly known as Ayurveda. This herb is known to boost energy as well as provide a good night’s sleep. Basically, it works with the brain. Some of the main “dis-eases” that it cures are high blood pressure, anaemia, fatigue, depression and even some forms of cancer. There is good news for those who suffer from chronic memory impairments – early reports suggest that aswagandha inhibits Alzheimer’s in patients! This is only the tip of the iceberg for this wonder herb.
- Bee Pollen – There is a reason why celebrities all over the world consume this wonder nutrient. Victoria Beckham has sworn by the product to be an elixir for energy and youth, just like the Romans and Greeks did long ago. Bee pollen is said to contain almost all the nutrients that the human body needs for vitality. Just to name a few – protein, carbohydrates, fatty acids, vitamins A-B-C-D-E-P and folic acid. It also contains minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorous and sodium. Imagine that! Now, regarding the brain – bee pollen contains nutrients such as amino acids, so it is extremely beneficial for the functioning of the brain and can keep your mind active even through the aging process.
- Broccoli – When your mother forced you to eat your greens, she wasn’t kidding. Not only broccoli but also any other veggie contains chlorophyll (the nutrient that gives plants there green colour and is responsible for transporting oxygen to the entire organism) and this is essential for healthy functioning of the brain. Broccoli is also said to contain phytoestrogen compounds that benefit the daily work that the brain conducts like cognitive skills. It also aids the transmission of acetylcholine, the one neurotransmitter that is necessary for the nervous system to perform properly.
- Cocoa – Good news for the chocolate lovers! Extensive scientific studies conducted show that consuming chocolate on a regular basis is linked to memory boost. Now, we are not talking about cocoa that has been mixed with milk and sugar and other preservatives. We are taking about what would commonly be referred to as “dark chocolate” or “70% cocoa”. The more pure the product, the greater the health benefits. The connection that chocolate has to the brain is through blood flow. Cocoa is said to improve it greatly. So eat more dark chocolate today if you want to have a healthier brain!
- Coconut – People in the west are beginning to discover the immense benefits of coconut. The population in the east has already been consuming coconut and its by-products for daily living purposes. With increased scientific research being conducted on this wonder fruit, more discoveries are being made with regard to the relation between coconut and human health. With regard to the brain, the fatty acids contained in coconut help assimilate the functioning of the brain. Without being harmful to human health, these acids smoothen the processes that the brain carries on a daily basis.
The right advice to be given here is that you need to go as natural as possible to maintain your health as well as improve it wherever there may be issues. However, never self-medicate because this could prove harmful; consult an expert in the medical field before consuming a new product that you have never tried before.
Liked this article on Herbs To Activate Body Vitality and have some personal enlightenment you would like to share? Comment below and share this article!
Image Source: richelleludwig.com