These days as consciousness rises among the people, there is a growing need for foods that nourish the body. Health food stores are popping up everywhere and patrons are flocking to the farmer’s market rather than purchasing junk food. Speaking of junk food, it is said to adversely affect the brain along with other substances that are mostly banned around the world. And speaking of nutrition for the mind, let’s take a further look at how important it is to nourish it along with your body and then discuss which nutrients work for the same.
In case you were not aware, it always begins in the mind. That’s why your head is at the top! There is a famous saying even that goes: What a man thinks, so does he become. It is your mind that will not age even though physically you are growing old. With the correct food and health habits that you make, you will be able to prolong the life of your mind. In fact it is because of the mind and the brain that the rest of the body functions. The nervous system is located there and any and every action you make is determined by what’s going on in your head.
Now, let’s take a look at the foods that help with a healthy mind and stimulate its activities:
- Eat Regularly – Before we begin with the actual foods that help your mind, let’s first talk about the most important aspect – eating regularly. With the busy schedule that all of us face it is difficult to keep a track of what and WHEN we are eating. Your body would be grateful to you if you eat on time and keep a schedule for meal timings. The ideal wait period between consumption of food is 2-3 hours. Also, you need to drink water in that spare time. Your body constantly needs “fuel” to function, even when you are sleeping, so make sure you eat on time!
- Protein – Another important point to remember is that your brain needs amino acids for its daily functioning. Proteins contain this nutrient, so load up on a lot of meats regularly. Of course, for your body’s health purposes, choose white meats over red if you are going to eat meat more than 2-3 times a week. In case you have an aversion toward meats, you can go for vegetarian options like eggs and lentils.
- Fish – Another important component for brain health is fish. The nutrients that they contain, especially oily fish like tuna and mackerel are exactly what your mind needs. They assist with the functioning of the neurons in your nervous system. Once again, if you prefer the vegan option to consuming fish, you can buy fish oil capsules from any medical store and consume them regularly as prescribed.
- Water – Another vital component for healthy brain functioning is water. Your regular intake of water determines the health of your mind. Have you ever noticed that the day you don’t drink enough “nectar of the gods” you feel sluggish and irritable? That’s because there is a direct relation to water and the smooth flow of your system. Water helps to simulate all the body’s processes effectively. Stock up on as much H2O as you possibly can for a healthier head.
- Exercise – This is actually food for the mind. When you cultivate a habit of consciously moving your body, it works well for your mind and body. Do whatever works for you. There are those that prefer cardio while some might go for yoga or a more relaxing form of exercise. For your body, the exercise you do will help improve metabolism and will leave you feeling energized for a longer period of time. For the mind, it will help relieve stress and your nervous system will be ignited and that will lead to more concentration and memory improvement.
Uncountable scientific studies have concluded that the sole way of increasing your mind muscle is by leading a healthy life and focusing on the needs of your body. Unhealthy habits that could include smoking, alcohol consumption or drug use will not be able to sustain your mind for long. You will find yourself “aging” sooner, with memory loss, less concentration capacity and dimming consciousness.
If you need any more information regarding leading a healthy lifestyle, contact an expert to determine a plan that is suited for you.
Liked this article on Nourishing The Mind With Effective Stimulants and have personal enlightenment that you would like to share? Comment below and then share this article!
Image Source: schepensinternationalsociety.com